KINDERGARTEN-LESSONS.COM DISCLOSURE POLICY
Updated November, 2016
My goal at kindergarten-lessons.com is to help educators provide children with opportunities to ask questions, to investigate, to test, to problem solve and to relate their new knowledge to their everyday lives in a variety of ways.
The information you see on this site is free to readers & subscribers, but represents many, many hours of time and research for me. As such, I feel compensation is appropriate so I have agreements with some companies who pay me.
Very occasionally, I accept advertising. More often I participate in affiliate programs. Both provide some income and allow me to devote time and energy to the growth and upkeep of kindergarten-lessons.com.
I will only promote products I personally use, have used in the past or can recommend without hesitation. Integrity is important to me.
What is an affiliate link / referral link?
Sprinkled throughout this site you will see references to my use of affiliate links or referral links. These references are called disclosures and are a requirement as put forth by government regulations.
Recently, the Federal Trade Commission (USA) released new rules for Disclosure Compliance. These rules are set in place to ensure that readers or viewers of web media (blogs, YouTube videos, etc) know if the blogger/presenter is sponsored, endorsed or partnered with a different company. In blog terms, the readers need to know if the blogger is making money by sharing a link, product, or service. As kindergarten-lessons.com has grown, so have costs associated with running and maintaining it. Advertising with Google Adsense and being an affiliate with Amazon.com and .ca and any other advertiser helps me offset those costs. For more detailed information scroll to the bottom of the page.
The disclosure statements are there to inform you I have a relationship with a particular product or service and if you choose to purchase that product or service via my affiliate link, (such as links to books and teaching supplies on Amazon) I will get a small commission. Of course, this is at no extra cost to you, but it does help keep my site going and for that, I thank you.
My own products
Separate from my affiliate relationships, I sell an ebook product of my own, Challenging Children to Investigate With Everyday Things. This product was created by me and any profit from it comes directly to me.
Additional legal stuff just to make sure things are covered
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog may accept forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner of this blog may be compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
And in more detail…
In compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume the following about links and posts on this site:
- All of the links to Amazon.com or Amazon.ca on kindergarten-lessons.com are affiliate links. This means that if you click on the link and buy certain items, I will receive a small commission. The price is the same for you, though! Thank you for your support.
- If I post an affiliate link to a product, it is something that I personally support and/or would recommend without an affiliate link.
- At this point I do not review items that are sent to me for free but may do so in the future.
- All of my opinions regarding them are my own. I only endorse products that are in alignment with my ideals and that I believe would be of value to my readers.
- I participate in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.
The information on this website is the opinion of the author, Patricia Bentham of www.kindergarten-lessons.com and is presented for informational purposes only.
- Readers should consult educational professionals and consultants for specific applications to their individual teaching and student needs.
- The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional educational advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
- Never disregard professional advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this site.
- Reliance on any information provided by kindergarten-lessons, others appearing on this site at the invitation of kindergarten-lessons, or other visitors to this site is solely at your own risk.
- Please note that much of this website is based on personal experience and anecdotal evidence.
- Although the author has made every reasonable attempt to achieve complete accuracy of the content, she assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions and is under no contractual obligation to provide any free goods or services of any kind to anyone for any reason at anytime.
Patricia Bentham has a Batchelor of Education degree and over 20+ years teaching experience. Please note that this is a for profit website.