Halloween Bulletin Boards
Use theme work to create a bulletin board...
No time to create Halloween bulletin boards? Don't just think art when you are displaying the students' work on bulletin boards. Incorporate all kinds of student theme work into your bulletin board displays, including booklets, charts and graphs representing student literacy, math and science activities.
Instead of creating a bulletin board with 20 identical pieces of artwork, use 3 or 4 different theme activities, being sure to include one item from each student in the class.
This Halloween bulletin board image has work from a "Do pumpkins float or sink?" experiment, a class graph, a booklet on "Parts of the Pumpkin Plant" and a booklet of recording sheets for math and science activities.
Rather than staying late after school to put up the whole bulletin board, put the basic backgrounds up and then add to the displays as the theme progresses. After a week or two the bulletin board will be complete and finished during class time. Let the children make more bulletin board decorations with the free crow tracer and then count the crows. Use the free pumpkin leaf tracer if you would like to make more leaves to decorate the bulletin board.
Can pumpkins float?
- One or two small pumpkins
- Water play center or two plastic bowls of water
- Pumpkin Sink or Float? recording sheets
1. Set up a "Pumpkin sink or float" experiment on a table during center time each day for a week and let all the children take turns experimenting with the tiny pumpkins.
2. In a different table set out recording sheets and felts. Have students record their results on a recording sheet.
All pumpkin pages:
1. Kindergarten Lesson Plans pumpkin theme - teach science and math with pumpkins!
2. Pumpkin Bulletin Board - See the ART SECTION to learn how to incorporate all your pumpkin theme activities to build a wonderful bulletin board.
3. Halloween pumpkin worksheets - make a pumpkin book to record all pumpkin science and math observations and also a "Parts of a Pumpkin Plant" booklet. Kindergarten-lesson plan bonus - 2 free Halloween worksheets.
4. Make a Jack O Lantern rubbing, graph and tally. Download the free instructions and patterns.