Kids Spring Crafts
Hatching chicks and flying kites...
Review geometry vocabulary as you show students how to make these fun kids spring crafts. Make cute chicks and review the terms, circle, triangle, and oval.
- cotton balls
- liquid yellow tempera paint
- pastel colored paper
- black dots cut with hole punch
- cut triangle beaks
- cut out egg shapes or egg shape tracer for children
- rounded tooth picks (cut sharp points off first)
- trace and cut an egg shape, then cut it in half
- glue the cotton ball to a piece of pastel colored paper
- dot yellow paint on to the cotton ball
- drop black eye on top of wet yellow paint
- glue legs to pastel paper
- glue egg pieces on each side of chick
Use the chicks to create a counting bulletin board
Spring crafts for kids - Curious George Flies a Kite
- Read Curious George Flies a Kite to the students
- Ask if they were a kite what kinds of things they would see on the ground
- List their responses on cards in a pocket chart - If Jane were a kite she would see a kitten, if Sam was a kite he would see a bear, etc.
- Photocopy the Kite tracer on to lightweight card
- Students draw a picture of what they would see and print the word (can copy from the pocket chart card)
- Tie a string to one end and a ribbon and attach twisted paper for kite ties on the other
All Spring theme pages:
Kids Spring crafts - Chicks hatching & Curious George
Spring science & art book - integrate science and art
Spring Crafts for kids - Straw blowing flowers, color mixing and snowdrop stencils
Spring tulips - Three finger tulip art
In Bulletin Board section:
Spring bulletin board - Easy Spring flowers
Spring counting activity here - make renewing the bulletin board a whole class activity.