Mothers Day Kids CraftMother's Day 1 2 3 4
Try this Mothers Day kids craft to delight your students' Mothers. Bring a bowl of flowers floating in water into the classroom to show the children a different way of displaying flowers.
Most children are familiar with a vase of flowers but not too many have seen flowers floating in a bowl of water.
Show the children how most of the stems are cut off and how the flowers are floating on the surface of the water.
Tell the children that they can make a Mother's Day floating flower gift for their mothers out of construction paper.
How to Make the Floating Flowers Mothers Day Kids Craft
2. Either cut out or have the children cut out the construction paper pieces. Use decorated paper for the bowl if you like.
- Glue the blue water circle to the bowl.
- Print or copy a simple task they can do for their mother on each flower.
- Make accordion fold strips (with help).
- Attach one end of an accordion fold strip to a flower and the other endo to the water with some tape.
- Decorate the outside edge of their bowl if they like.
- Print "I love you Mom (or Mum) . From _______", on the back of the bowl
- The children love the way their flowers "float" around in their bowl
Test different branches, flowers, pinecones and other plant parts to see if they float. Put a few rocks, shells and other items from nature that will sink. Ask the children to find out if all the plant parts float