Where's Spot? by Eric Hill
Student "Lift the flap" book
My class loves Eric Hill's Spot Book series. After reading a number of them the children wanted to make their own Spot books. To encourage them to practice counting as well as writing, I provided 8.5 x 11 inch books with construction paper covers and photocopy paper inside.
Before stapling the paper into the books, I photocopied a frame sentence along the bottom.
_____ has (a box for the number) ________ under the flap.
1. Teach the children how to cut out a shape for a door or rock.
2. Show them how to fold a tab and put glue on it to make a flap.
3. Children draw Spot or an animal of their choice.
4. Have kids draw a number of items under the flap.
5. Help students fill in the sentence.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Teach math with literature.